Top for the shops
Everyone in Australia knows about the iconic Hastings Street and its fabulous shops but there are many more areas in and around town for that essential retail therapy.
Within a 10-minute drive from Hasting Street’s mix of national brands and locally-owned boutiques, there’s a whole range of other shopping hotspots including:
- Noosaville: anchored by its GympieTerrace riverfront shops, cafes and restaurants, this area also has an eclectic retail area at Gibson Street plus a bustling Village Shopping Centre.
- Noosa Junction: just over the hill from Hastings St, the Junction is a whole different shopping experience with its unique blend of shops and stores.
- Sunshine Beach: with its laid-back village atmosphere, this picturesque area has its own style and selection of shops accompanied by a lively café scene.
- Civic Centre: Noosa’s enclosed ‘mini-mall’ with around 100 speciality shops and major stores.
- Noosa Marina: fabulous river views are not the only thing going for this bright, bustling and beautiful spot. Charter a cruise, catch the Noosa ferry or simply eat fish and chips and browse through the Marina’s many speciality shops.
- Tewantin: the administrative centre for the Noosa region, the historic village of Tewantin is also home to shops, cafes, a hotel and Noosa Marina.
Finally, if you fancy getting away from the beach for a few hours, head for Noosa’s Hinterland area. Within an easy 30-minute drive, you can sample the famous Eumundi markets (wed + sat), buy arts and crafts at Maleny and Montville or take a trip to the Ginger Factory in Yandina.